International Working Group
The Scottish Construction Industry Strategy ‘Building for the Future’ (2013-2016) was launched in October 2013. The strategy describes the vision of creating a confident, cohesive,dynamic and globally competitive industry which builds on its design and engineering heritage to develop internationally recognised areas of competitive advantage.
Construction Scotland has been tasked with overseeing the delivery of this strategy and vision through its operations and industry engagement. One of the growth ambitions is to increase internationalisation and exports.
In achieving a strong domestic market position in Scotland, niche opportunities open to allow development and exploitation of international markets.
International Trade (Rest of UK and International) - identify, understand and prioritise existing and potential outbound/export and learning opportunities:-
- For industry sub-sectors in developing markets
- For low carbon built environment materials, products and services with closely aligned performance and accreditation standard for supply chain
- Identifying import substitution opportunities aligning the sector to identify opportunities to target growth include the trade and investment agenda
- Develop/strengthen strategic engagement with important existing inward investors
- Identify and develop a plan to capitalise on market gaps/unmet needs and targeted attraction of new investment
Karyn Watt (Chair, International Working Group / Anderson Strathern)
Les Banks (Thomas & Adamson)
Angela Davey (Scottish Development International)
Rufus Logan (BRE)
Prof Sean Smith (Edinburgh Napier University)
Alastair Wallace (Thomas & Adamson)
Ron Fraser (Carillion)
Hard to believe our Learning Journey to China and Hong Kong was a year and a half ago
Finalising arrangements for next International Sector meeting in mid-July. Planning to discuss inward/outward investment opportunities and events. All welcome.
Construction Scotland International Working Group Presentation - Annual Conference - 7th October 2014
International Working Group presentation from last year's Annual ConferenceRead More
Executive Summary of a study by McGraw Hill Construction in partnership with the Canada Green Building Council, showing that the Canada green building market is vigorous and growing.Read More