As a Scottish Innovation Centre, Construction Scotland Innovation Centre is administered and hosted by Edinburgh Napier University meaning that we are the same legal entity.
Construction Scotland Innovation Centre is committed to preserving your privacy.
1. Information about you
How we collect your personal data:
We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- From you directly, when we meet in a business context (face to face, attendance at our events, email, mail or telephone);
- From data that you provide online via our online forms (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.);
- From your interaction with and use of our online services including Construction Scotland Innovation Centre website, Twitter and LinkedIn feeds;
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Organisation or academic institution you are associated with;
- Contact information such as an email address or telephone number;
- Demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests;
- Your interaction with us including frequency and timing of visits to CSIC website;
- Photographs or videos captured at events, organised by Construction Scotland Innovation Centre;
- Financial details when payments are required (e.g. payment for event exhibition stands or tickets).
We use your information to:
- Enable us to perform and improve the services you have requested;
- Respond to any queries submitted via the website, email, mail or telephone;
- Ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop the website and our services;
- Satisfy internal record keeping;
- Contact you from time to time for research purposes in relation to our services, projects or work themes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise; and
- Notify you about changes to our service.
2. Legal Grounds for Processing
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal data on the website when we have legal grounds for doing so. The common grounds will be:
When you enter your information in a form (such as your name, job title, company/ academic institution, email address and contact number), we specify the purpose and future use of this information within the form itself. An example would be an application for project funding.
- Surveys and Feedback
We may contact you from time to time via email to request your feedback on events and/or services you receive from us, or to send out surveys related to Construction Scotland Innovation Centre services.
- Mailing Lists
You can subscribe on our website to receive further information from us including news and events updates via our newsletter.
You can withdraw your consent at any point by clicking on the ‘click here to unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails or by contacting us directly at email@example.com .
We will process information about you to administer your event attendance, and after the event, to send you information such as photos/video of the event, presentations or follow up events by email. You will be asked to consent to such activities as part of the event registration.
3. Cookie Notice
Adjusting your browser’s cookie settings
Adjusting your browsers cookies is dependent on the Internet browser being used. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. Alternatively, you should check with the vendor whose browser you are using for specific details on how to do this.
4. Sharing tools
5. Links to Third Party Websites
As we want your experience of our website to be as informative and useful as possible, we provide a number of links to websites operated by third parties.
Please be aware that we do not have any control over third party websites and that such third party websites may send their own cookies to users, or otherwise collect data or solicit personal information.
6. Retention of your information
We will retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably require in light of the purpose(s) for which we are holding it and all relevant legal, commercial and operational considerations.
As a Scottish Innovation Centre, we may have to comply with statutory retention periods as required by the Scottish Funding Council.
Personal data is stored on our servers and will remain within the UK/EEA.
7. Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except where disclosure is:
- necessary to enforce our rights, including under our website Terms and Conditions of use
- required or permitted by law (as a Scottish Innovation Centre, we may have statutory reporting duties to the Scottish Funding Council, Scottish Government Scottish Enterprise and/or Highlands and Islands Enterprise).
8. Your rights under data protection laws
All individuals have a number of rights under data protection laws. However, they do not apply in all circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of them, please email us (details provided below) and we will explain at that time if they are applicable or not.
We will inform you in writing following receipt of your written request and if necessary, seek additional information from you about your request, including proof of identity.
- The right to request access to your personal information, be informed about the processing of your personal information and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We are obliged to respond to any such request within one month of receiving a request, subject to limited exceptions.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
- The right to withdraw your consent to processing (if consent is relied upon by us to process the personal data).
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
- At all times, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted online or through the website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
11. Contact Details
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.