An example of an infrastructure project:
Hybrid, Low Carbon, Resource Efficiency
Resource efficient construction prioritises:
- Reducing materials consumption and wastage
- Increasing re-use and recycled content (including enabling re-use and recyclability at end of life)
- Using products / resources with lower embodied carbon and embodied water and no scarcity or source security issues
- Reducing energy and water use during construction
- Enabling energy efficiency and water efficiency in use.
Resource efficiency can be achieved by using resources at their highest potential throughout the lifecycle – in product manufacture, design, construction, operation, refurbishment, and at end of life.
This innovative idea also sits within the following key project themes:
- Advanced Construction
- Energy & ICT