What is EXSKALLERATE?
EXSKALLERATE is an Interreg North Sea Region (NSR) project that will bring exoskeletons to construction and manufacturing SMEs in the North Sea Region. This will reduce occupational health issues and enhance SME competitiveness.
CSIC is delighted to be the UK representative in the project.
Participate in the project in Scotland
SMEs can participate in the project in Scotland by choosing to be involved in either field trials, workshops, or consultations. Field trials will be held at our Innovation Factory in Hamilton in 2021.
Contact Alan Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
How can SMEs get involved?
You can take part in two main ways:
• Field Trials at our Innovation Factory
• Workshops and Consultation to examine use cases and likely adoption
We would welcome involvement from a range of people in construction roles – from operatives to try out our exoskeleton suites, health and safety professionals to seek views on safety & welfare, training practitioners and operational managers on the likely adoption of exoskeletons.
What will the field trials consist of?
Examples of activities studied:
Roofing – Lifting and laying of roof tiles
Plasterboarding – Overhead and wall fixing
Flooring – Lifting and fixing floorboards
Scaffolding – Erecting and dismantiling
What will be required?
Consultations and workshops can be organised virtually.
Where will field trials take place?
Why take part?
1) Increase your awareness of exoskeleton functionalities, benefits, cost, ROI, and how exoskeletons can improve worker fatigue and reduce healthcare costs for your business
2) Become exposed to experts and relevant stakeholders during workshops
3) Help shape the development of future exoskeletons to your needs
Contact our Innovation Manager: Alan Johnston
Construction Scotland Innovation Centre
Tel.: +44 (0) 7542226416